On March 18th I had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy. The prep was not fun at all and everyone's advice was NOT accurate on recovery or the experience! While I was in recovery, Paul came in and I was apparently drinking juice on my own, but didn't realize it and about tipped my juice over when he came to the rescue! I said that I was "proggy" and asked the same group of questions 3 times! Paul was relieved that at least I was consistent in my questioning! While in recovery the doctor came out to talk to me and informed me that I had an 8mm polyp removed while I was back there. I received word a week and a half later that it was benign and that he thought it was IBS. I will go back to see the doctor at the end of May, but this last month has been a whirlwind and learning experience for the Jouvenat household!
- High Fiber Diet + Lactose Deficient= ALL FRESH FOODS= a lot of preparation
- Life is about trial and error- have to be like Goldilocks and the amount of food has to be JUST RIGHT or I may have an attack.
- Meal Planning is a MUST- can't skip meals, or just eat what I have in the house- must go to the grocery store and eat what I have planned, even when I want to be lazy
- My husband is an amazing supporter and doesn't complain that he can't have the foods we used to, he says he is enjoying it, even if he is lying!
- Attacks are NO fun! I had 2 last week that were almost paralyzing! I felt nauseous both days, one right after lunch.... so teaching was a hard thing to complete at the end of the day with kids who are very demanding. Also, it is frustrating to go out to eat and not be able to enjoy a meal, because just the smell and look of it make you feel sick!
- Social outings that include food are not as fun anymore. Paul and I went bowling one Saturday just the two of us, and I immensely enjoyed it because I could just be active.
- SLEEP is a must. The times I have felt the worse is when I didn't get enough sleep! No more late nights, even if I didn't do it a whole lot before!
- EXERCISE is the last must! I workout at Curves and thoroughly enjoy it. I have also taken Zumba up and have danced off a bunch of stress and enjoy the laughter that comes with it!! I feel so much better when I work out!
- Lastly.... I have lost 10 pounds with this new lifestyle and am hoping to lose more!
This is a learning curve.... new lifestyle, new recipes, and a blessing. It never ceases to amaze me how God works and puts things in our life for a reason. I may post from time to time about recipes we have tried or outings we have gone on to try to fit into this new lifestyle!

No comments:
Post a Comment