Blessings... by Laura Story
I have fallen in love with this song as well. It states so simply that God never gives us more than we can bear and gives us blessings in many avenues of life. I think back to the quote from Forrest Gump.... "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get." During this summer I have had thoughts about life and have had experiences which I know are truly blessings. I have SO much to be thankful for and know my life is not that difficult. I wonder why God puts certain things in our lives at certain times. Whenever I question this I stop and wait. He suddenly reveals this to me or us as a family and makes us realize how many blessings we surely have.
Some wonderful things about the summer and blessings:
- Some SMALL car issues have helped us become more frugal in our spending and cut down on all of the frills!
- A stay-cation with a trip to Fort Worth to visit the Kimbell Art Museum, Science/History Museum, and Pappas' Brother's Burger House & spending time at the movies and the Dallas World Aquarium provided some good together time to be calm and re-energize our marriage.
- Celebrating and planning a friend's upcoming marriage gives me sadness with every passing day, because I realize that my best friend will be moving. However, spending each passing moment with her in this phase gives me great JOY to see her so happy and is fun to help her celebrate!
- Resting up and working out have helped me find a balance to life that I hope to carry onto the school year.
- Good Health- I have been less stressed and have enjoyed the best health that I have felt in a long time. Paul and I have both lost at least 10lbs. by eating right and working out. Zumba helps me refresh myself each time I go!
Things I pray that God will pour blessings on :
- Midst the ever growing divorce rate, I pray God will keep our marriage strong through the ups and the downs. We pray every day that he will help us encourage one another and grow closer.
- Friendships- God will continue to provide wonderful friends who will keep us accountable and that we have time to enjoy the friendships he has put in our lives.
- Family- Continued health, strength, and financial means for all of our family members.
- Work- That he would do good works through Him to show Christ to those we work with. He would provide patience to the children I teach and give me the wisdom to help them in the individual needs that each will have.
I know God will bless us much more than what we ask for. I also know that He will throw in some things that are unexpected and I pray that we be able to see that they are blessings and have the strength to grow through them.
Praying for all of your wonderful blessings, as well as those blessings in disguise.

No comments:
Post a Comment