I have to say that God has richly blessed me with a great group of girlfriends. About 6 years ago, I was living with my parents and going to Waterview Church of Christ where at the time we did not have a group of young adults my age. I was going to Bible Classes and Church, but not having many in my age group to relate to and to gain encouragement from. At this time, I began to pray for a great group of friends who I could be involved with and grow with. Wow, what God can do! A Bible class was started with just about 5 of us. Over time, God has truly blessed me.
First and foremost, he blessed me with a wonderful and God-fearing husband who is now the leader of our Bible Class.We love working together to lead and encourage this group. God brought me exactly who I needed to be my life partner and companion. I don't know what I would do without him!
Secondly, God has brought many families together in this class. We are now up to around 35 individuals in this class. This group is not just a group who comes together for Bible study. We have become a close group that supports each other during various life circumstances. All I can say is that is truly a blessing to have a group of friends such as these.
The book I have been reading reminded me of the ABCs of friendship and how I am so blessed and glad to be part of a group of girlfriends that I feel all of these things apply!
A- Accept each other
B-Believe in each other
C- Cry with each other
D- Defend Each other
E- Exemplify Jesus in Relating to each other
F- Forgive Each other
G- Get together with Each other Often
H- Hold Each Other Up
I- Inspire Each Other
J- Journey through Life Together
K- Know the Details of Each Other's Everyday Life
L- Laugh with Each Other
M- Make Each Other Stronger
N- Notice Each Other's Needs
O- Open Up to Each Other
P- Point Each Other To Christ
Q- Quiet Each Other's Restless Heart
R- Respect Each Other's Differences
S- Spur Each other On to Godliness
T- Team Up with Each Other
U- Understand Each Other
V- Value Each Other
W- Withstand Trials Together
XYZ- eXamine Your Zest
Thank you to all those great friends who constantly show me the ABCs of friendship!

Hi! This is Christi from the Frugal Novice. Thanks for being a part of Friendly Friday! I'm now following you back through GFC. I go to a Church of Christ too, by the way! :) Small world.
ReplyDelete