Thursday, June 10, 2010

Makes Me Think


About a month ago some events in my life occurred that I knew were for a reason, but had to go through somewhat of a grief process with them. Before my workout one day I went to Half Price Books and found this book.  I have been reading it and have thoroughly enjoyed finding and discovering more about the 7 priorities. Any of you who know me well know that I read a lot of books on marriage and family. I always find those reminders particularly  helpful. The 6th priority is on friendships and mentoring. The chapter I read over today was about mentoring.

In reflection, I was very humbled to understand how many women have mentored my life. I love the fact that  God always has a reason for putting various women in my life. Some is to enable me to become more carefree, others are to encourage, and others are to be a spiritual light.  If you have been one of those mentors, thank you!

Also, it made me realize that even I can be a mentor. What an awesome responsibility, but I pray that I will be that woman I need to be.

Check back later for the ABCs of friendship.... I am looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment