The Proof of Your Love
This summer has been a true time of reflection for me. Not to go into too many details about things that are going on outside of the pregnancy; but I have thought a lot about the way people treat others, what my actions say, and the way I react to others.
Throughout this period of reflection I have watched about 11 children that I have taught in Bible class through the years become baptized. I know it is not because of me. However, the irony of this happening this summer as I am expecting my first child was amazing. As I was older than most of my friends when I found my true love and got married I persevered in my service to teaching my school children and the children in church classes. Then, Paul and I decided to wait five years to start a family of our own. To say that the wait was sometimes difficult would be an understatement. However, it was the best thing for us as a couple and for my health at times. I have that passion for children and I poured all of my teachings that I would teach my children into others children. I cried right along with most of the parents as I watched the baptisms thanking God for his faithfulness in our lives and many answered prayers.
My church also began a School Bell program that provided local school children, mine included, with a full set of school supplies, about 3 full outfits, and some food. I was blessed in seeing the children take away their backpacks away from the church and bringing them back into school on the first day. Our church is such a wonderful proof of the love it talks about in 1 Corinthians 13.
I have also watched many hurts in different ways. There have been tears, anger, and confusion in several situations. People can be cruel to each other. Life finds a way of reminding of this. There are lots of good things that happen, but at the same time the people you trust have a way of harming those you love in very deep ways.
That being said..... "Let my life be the proof of Your Love." "Let my love look like You.
I pray this for all those that I surround and teach. This is also my prayer as we raise our children that they can see that our actions mirror that of Christ and that is the reason they need to treat people the right way.I also pray that they continue to live in service to Him all of their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment