I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
As my belly begins to grow and the maternity clothes are coming out I am in awe of how not only I am made, but the making of a human life. My body has begun to change in ways I never thought. God has each one of these functions to work perfectly in a woman's body in order to procreate. Although, my mind is starting to go.... ahhh... pregnancy brain, I know the little one is gaining everything he or she needs for survival and it is preparing me for the time that I will be working on overdrive to keep up with our newborn. Even though I have fought sickness since about the time of conception, I know that this is part of God's wonderful plan. He has made me a strong woman for this reason and I continue to thank him for the blessing of this little one. I also pray that he continues to bless me with strength daily to overcome what I need to stay healthy, happy, and a renewed sense of energy to last every day (especially with 22 precious 7 year olds) all day long! I look forward to how my body will change in the next 22 weeks as the baby only gets stronger.
However, I don't marvel as much at how much I am changing as the gift of life He is growing inside of me. We go back for our 20 week anatomy scan in just a little over a week. What at 8 weeks was just a bean looking creature has grown into a little human being with many working systems. Then, at 12 weeks we looked at the brain, heart beating,cute little nose, and precious head that will be in my arms! I cannot wait to see how he or she has grown in the past 8 weeks. I am in awe of how this little one has grown into the size of a sweet potato and can now hear my voice. My little one is truly fearfully and wonderfully in the making by our wonderful Creator.
I have already said it so many times, but I don't understand how anyone who goes through this experience cannot believe that there is a God. The creation of a human being is NO accident! Every life has a purpose and I pray that our little one will understand how fearfully and wonderfully they are made. His works are wonderful and my soul does know it well as I go through each of the steps of this wonderful creation!
Little one.... your Daddy and I are praying that you are growing big and strong into the creation that God has made you to be. We continually pray that you will understand that your are God's child and that he makes no mistakes! We pray you grow into a self-confident, compassionate, loving, and tender-hearted servant of His. You are our gift and we thank Him for you! Grow baby grow, because you can and will move mountains!

No comments:
Post a Comment