A nursery is a special place to bring your new little bundle of joy home to and creating that perfect space is something important to a mom-to-be. I have always had a desire to have a storybook themed nursery. Maybe this is the teacher in me, but I never realized how special and creative that this could become. I also wanted to make sure that this room was a little gender neutral so we didn't have to start all over when we decided to have baby number 2. I also am not a big fan of baby blue or pink! I have always enjoyed the primary colors, so this is what we decided to go with! I absolutely love how it turned out.
Our family contributed to so many of the precious things within the nursery and we even have many books on the bookcase that belonged to her Daddy when he was a kid! We hope she loves growing up to read and use her imagination as much as we dream for her.
This picture was painted by Paul's mother years ago. Who would have ever dreamed it would have fit so nicely into her future granddaughter's nursery when she painted it!
The frames on the wall by the closet door have pages from Sesame Street Alphabet and number books that were Paul's. The books are falling apart because he read them so much, so I decided to repurpose them and put them in scrapbook frames! She already has such a collection of books and stuffed animals.... this little girl is already so spoiled!
These are two pieces of handiwork that grandparents and the two of us truly put some time into. I got both of these ideas off of pinterest. Paul and I have been working to put together her name frame for a while now and his parents helped to paint it. My mother worked on the pom-pom balls in the corner for hours! They put a little more of a feminine touch in the room and I absolutely love them!
My sister made the quilt that is sitting in the rocker and it has Humpty Dumpty and Raggedy Ann... fun classic characters! Paul also enjoys his Tardis nightlight!
Her bookcase with collection of toys, books, and frames! My sister painted the wooden letters with her name for a shower gift!
Another pinterest knock-off is the hairbow frame. Paul helped me fix this up. My sister made all of the bows on it and gave me the majority of headbands!
Baby girl.... all we are waiting on is for you to come and meet us. We look forward to watching you grow in this room and spend some wonderful times with you in here!

No comments:
Post a Comment