I have not updated this like I have wanted to as much during the pregnancy. However, there are a few things I want to write down before Little Miss comes into this world.
- First trimester wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wasn't sick all that much. Food aversions weren't bad. No awful cravings I couldn't hold onto for a week at a time. I was still able to work out. I spent some time in the pool, which was a wonderful way to relax!!!
- Second Trimester: Not bad either. My first day back at work was the first day of my second trimester. That is right, we planned it just right where I was feeling better the time I needed it the most. I worked tirelessly on sub plans for when I was gone to make sure that everything was in its place, and I was not stressed at the end of the pregnancy. At week 13, acid reflux started rearing it's ugly head and I became a little more nauseated and did not eat much. I tried a whole bunch of different things including TUMS, diet changes, exercise, etc. However, with the past history of acid reflux I was tired of messing with it and finally in December I asked the doctor to please help me with medications! She started me on protonics every morning before I ate anything and relief was almost immediate!! Thank goodness.
- Third Trimester: Again, very healthy pregnancy thus far!!! I really didn't show a whole lot until I got to about 34-35 weeks! Then all of a sudden I began to poke out. I am carrying baby girl in my hips and back mainly, so the pregnancy bump, just didn't really pop. At week 39 my belly button is still not protruding. Don't know what this says.... either I had a really deep belly button, or she is not sitting that far out. At week 36 I had a blood pressure scare at a doctor's appointment. They did blood work to test for PIH, it came back fine and was told to monitor my blood pressure closely for the next week. I took my blood pressure four times a day, twice digitally at home (with the help of borrowing a co-workers) and the school nurse checked me twice a day with the manual pump. I went back to the doctor a week later and they took it first with a digital pump and it was high with the bottom number at 92. I had been sitting, relaxing, and everyone had been making life pretty easy for me, so I insisted they take it with the manual pump. It automatically went down to 134/86. MUCH better! I have not had a problem since with this. In fact when I went in at 38 weeks it was more than perfect at 128/80! Thankful for the health.
The newest adventure comes with baby girl not progressing at all. I went in for my 37/38 week appointment and she checked progress. ABSOLUTELY ZERO! I was completely closed and she felt around me and said that I was ALL BABY and she was still sitting high! I felt like I had dropped a little and thought I had a few contractions, but her heels were still stuck in my ribs. So..... she ordered a sonogram because she was afraid I was having a really big baby. So we went to go get a sonogram and boy was she right.
Baby girl is estimated to be around 9.1lbs! Yep, that is right! Now we have to make the decision for laboring in the natural way or a c-section..... which one will we choose?

No comments:
Post a Comment