Stats:
13.5 pounds
23 inches long
Claire,
Your third month was a month full of changes for both you and mommy! You are always as happy as can be, but mommy couldn't seem to stop the tears this month as you seemed to be making so many BIG changes. You are my precious baby girl and I am loving each stage and taking it all in. Daddy and I are so in love with you. You also have so many others wrapped around your little finger!
Some new things you are doing this month:
Some new things you are doing this month:
- You really started showing your gummy smile.
- Talking up a storm and conversing.... we are in big trouble when you start using words. Daddy says you are just like mommy and like to talk.
- Holding your head up for longer periods of time during tummy time.
- Enjoy listening to your music in the car... you fall asleep a lot of the time, but mommy sings to it as well!
- At the very beginning of your third month you were involved in your first small car accident. It was merely a bump, but I figure it counts.It left this momma in a mess!
- You wear size 1 diapers
- You wear 0-3 month clothing.... most of the time 3 month clothes.
- You eat 4 ounces at each feeding
- You take short cat naps. You don't want to miss anything going on.
- Swaddles are still your best friend
- You enjoy going out on walks with mommy and daddy!
- Started working out with mommy.... thanks kiddo for being my weights!!
Snuggles and Sleep
I love these pictures because there is no more precious time than those when you are snuggly and sleepy. You love to sleep swaddled up. I know the day is coming when you will not be able to and I don't know what we are going to do! You enjoy having skin to skin time with mommy for your evening nap. Mommy enjoys this and means that it is an early bed time for mommy too because I end up falling asleep. The housework will wait.... I am soaking in the moments! You are mommy's best friend when it comes to sleepy time!
Daddy's Girl
You can't wait for Daddy to come home every day and he can't wait to come home and hold his baby girl! You two are a pair to behold!! Smiles abound as you and daddy play. You really start talking when Daddy comes home like you are trying to tell him all about your day. Daddy takes such good care of you and helps mommy take care of you. We also enjoy going to visit Daddy at work on Fridays for lunch when Mommy is off of work. He never minds dropping whatever he is doing to take care of you AND show you off to his co-workers! I can't wait to see how your relationship with your daddy flourishes over the years! You are also his tv watching partner as you seem fascinated by the television!
Sunday Dress Up
Each Sunday you are just a doll! You have the cutest little outfits on all the time. Many people at church wait and have to come see you on Sundays to see how you are dressed. Yes, you are too cute, doted on, and loved by your curch family!! You made us laugh on this particular Sunday because you were all dressed up, bonnet and all! Aunt B gave you this outfit and it sure is cute on you. You hated the hat and looked at us like we were crazy for putting it on you! The top picture explains the how much mommy was laughing because of your expression this morning!!! You are fun to dress up and sure tolerate a lot! Everyone had to see you this morning because of your bonnet!!! Nola Sue sure liked it because you had a hat on, just like her!
Miss Fashonista
You are always dressed to a "T" and are absolutely precious. Sometimes I have to just take pictures to make sure I capture certain outfits.
Mommy and Daddy's Entertainment
One Friday night we were eating dinner and you quietly entertained us in your bumbo and sat as our centerpiece! You entertain us in so many ways and make us laugh. You enjoy sitting in your bumbo and being part of the action. You would rather look around than be cuddled up with us. That is okay with mommy sometimes because that means that you are an observant learner and are taking in your surroundings. We talk all the time about what all the different things are to hopefully increase your vocabulary. I am sorry dear, but with your mommy being a teacher I am doing my best to teach you at home so you will have all the background knowledge you will need for later on.
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Your hair cracks people up. Why? Because most babies your age don't have this much hair. And.... your hair is wild and crazy! It has a mind of its own. Daddy likes to do your hair. His favorite do is fuzzy wuzzy. This do takes just a hairdryer. He just blow dries it and lets it go where it wants! You are always happy with the hair dryer!
A Date with the Grandparents
Mommy and Daddy went on their first real date night out to see Star Trek and eat at Maggianos on May 19th! Mommy and Daddy enjoyed their time away, but talked about you quite a bit. We talked about how we hope you will be when you become a teenager and grow up. We discussed how we can help you be that person who is an example and a leader among her peers on what she is supposed to do. While Mommy and Daddy were out having fun you had fun with Grandmommy and Grandaddy! Grandmommy sent this to me to show me that you were having a great time!
Gram's Retirement Reception
Gram retired from 25 years of teaching at Dallas Christian Schools this past May. They held a retirement reception for her on May 9th and we were able to venture out and go to that. It was quite fun trying to get there due to rain, a major accident shutting down most of the lanes of the freeway, and you being so hungry you cried most of the way to meet daddy! However, after feeding you at Daddy's work you were one very happy and content little girl. Gram got to show you off to everyone at her work and everyone once again doted on you and commented on how beautiful, happy, and pleasant you were. You were passed around to several people and never once flinched. I love this!!! You are little miss social butterfly and don't fully depend on being with mommy all the time. After all of this fun we went over to Gram and Grandad's house, enjoyed visiting a little, and then had dinner with them at Ernestos (a favorite Mexican place in Garland). You slept really well that night, but we sure enjoyed getting to go to this celebration and sharing this special time with Gram!! It is an accomplishment to work somewhere that long, to finish strong, and to see the impact you have on so many lives.
Gram showing you off!
Gram talking to you!
Gram with her co-workers
Our first Jouvenat family picture
Mother's Day
Mother's Day was a special one.... it was my first one to the most precious little girl!!! Little one... thank you for making me a mom.... especially your mommy!! I am proud to say you are mine. I carried you for nine months and loved every second of it and you have provided such joy for now the 15 weeks you have been in my arms!!
We started off Mother's day on Saturday morning. Daddy let Mommy sleep in a little bit while he spent time feeding, reading, and playing with you. He brought me breakfast in bed.... a good PBJ sandwich! Yes, this is Daddy's type of breakfast in bed, but oh so thoughtful! We just spent time hanging out and running errands that afternoon. That evening we went over to Gram and Grandad's to spend time with them for Mother's Day. You got to see Great Gram which you enjoyed immensely! I think you two have a very special bond. We went out to Red Lobster for dinner and enjoyed conversation and laughs. We gave the grandmothers a very special picture of the four of us, so each one of them had a good and recent picture!
On Sunday, we went to church and then went out to eat just the three of us. Daddy took us out to Olive Garden and you sat so quietly the entire time we were there. After lunch, Daddy made me change into my pajamas and just relax!!! Boy was that nice!!! I love you girl, but mommies get tired !! You and Daddy showered me with cards, a mug that says Supermom, a t-shirt that says Mommy's Little Princess, and a Precious Moments Figurine. Daddy helped clean up the house while I relaxed and then we enjoyed a family walk, and ended with dinner at Braum's (don't forget the milkshake!!!).
The best part of my day was spending it with my family! Wouldn't have it any other way!
You smiling at Great Gram
Mommy and Claire
Great-Gram, Gram, and Claire
Mommy, Daddy, and Claire
Mommy and Claire
First Mother's Day
May 12, 2013
I love this picture! I had Daddy snap it because I wanted to remember how small your foot is!!This is a comparison of Mommy and Claire's feet! Your big toe compared to mine!! I hope to have many more pictures like this as you grow! Maybe you will even surpass my foot size, like I did my mother!
Mommy Goes Back to Work
Much to mommy's sadness, I had to go back to work after being off with you for 12 glorious weeks. Mommy definitely needed that entire time to heal and bond with you, sweet girl. Daddy took you to your babysitter the first two mornings as your mommy cried her way to work. I knew I only had to go back for 12 days, but leaving you with someone else was so difficult! You are staying with Ms. Jenni! She is the best and loves on you just like I would. She takes very good care of you. Plus, you have gotten to meet some great new friends.... Caydan, Ryleigh, and Drew! They all love on you as well and I am so blessed to have her keep you every day! Going back to work was difficult, but I have the best job to go back to because all of my little 2nd grade friends jumped in and gave me hugs and let me know how much they loved me until I could get you back in my arms!


No comments:
Post a Comment