You see today is a day unlike any other.... it is a special day to celebrate my wonderful husband in two wonderful roles. One day to celebrate marriage to a wonderful husband of six years, but also his first official FATHER'S DAY! How special to fall on the same day!
 |
| We enjoyed every moment of dating and getting to know one another right from the time he asked me out on what I thought was just another night with what would be a great guy friend.... he is my best friend, but never dreamed also my husband. |
6 years ago today I said "I do" to my wonderful husband, Paul. We have lived a lot and experienced a lot in these last 6 years. We have definitely been through some of the happiest times together, but have had some bumps in the road as well. I love this man more today than I did six years ago.
We promised each other the world... in health/sickness, better/worse, rich/poor, till death do us part....We continue to learn what each of these truly means and are working to live out each part. Honey, thank you again for the care you have given in living out your part as you have taken care of me through medical procedures such as a colonoscopy to major surgery (and joy) of a c-section!
 |
| A very young couple in the airport at Puerto Rico about to head to the cruise ship....the best part begins. |
 |
| Many Christmases..... the joy of being together and the many memories made. |
 |
| Who could ever forget the fun of our Disney vacation??? Not I.... so many wonderful memories. Can't wait for more vacations together. |
Holidays together are always an adventure!
 |
| Comic book conventions together... we must go back! |
You are my Superman! I even baked you a cake to prove it!
 |
| Dressing up and going out are always special nights! |
I love how you make me smile, play with me, and are always the comedian!! Never a dull moment!
 |
| The last of the professional photos of the two of us... August 2011 |
Last year on this date we never knew what was coming or what was actually happening!!! However, we have wonderful memories of a trip to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary at the Gaylord Hotel, where we spent our wedding night five years earlier. We enjoyed every moment of it and soaked it all in. The one memory of this mini-vacation was that I cried at the end of it. Why you ask??? Well... one week later we found out why unemotional me was crying.....
 |
| Leaving the Waterpark |
 |
Our classic photo spot at the Gaylord... we have one taken every time we visit.
Our life changed forever just a week after these last 2 pictures were taken. I had a feeling that I was pregnant. Therefore, my wonderful husband forced me to go get a pregnancy test. So, early in the morning on June 24th I took the pregnancy test and found out that this little bundle of joy was on her way!! We were excited, anxious, scared, and overjoyed!!! What a way to transition into our next adventure of our marriage. God had decided to make us parents! That morning we prayed for a healthy baby and pregnancy. God delivered both.
For nine great months we worked together to prepare for the birth of our baby girl. We were showered with love, gifts, and support. I truly can say though that I could not have done all that I did without this man's support! He atteneded doctor appointments, helped me get Claire's room ready, was patient with me when I was working on my endless maternity leave plans (my type A shined through!!), and just the emotional support I needed.
|


Our Final Christmas just the three of us
 |
| Paul and his first daughter... still love each other very much. |
 |
The two of us just two months before Little Miss' arrival.
TODAY..... WE ALSO CELEBRATE THIS WONDERFUL MAN'S FIRST FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!
On February 22, 2013 my husband also became an instantly amazing daddy! I fell in love with him even more as I watched him cry at Claire's first cry, take care of every diaper in the hospital, bond with her while feeding, supporting both of us as we went through the hardships of breastfeeding. He plays, loves, and cares for her deeply just like he does for me! Claire is one lucky little girl to have this man as her Daddy!
|
 |
| Our final moments just the two of us. |
 |
| Our first family picture. |
 |
| This has to be one of my all time favorites of the two of them together! He does such a great job of soothing her and loving on her. It truly captures how much this Daddy loves his little girl. |
 |
| Daddy and Daughter on her first Easter |
They love just hanging out and lounging out!
One of his favorite things to do with Claire is to dress her up, give her baths, and do her hair!! I love it!
 |
Honey, thank you for making me a mommy and I love watching you as a Daddy!!
|
So... today we celebrate you, Paul! You are an amazing husband and father. We are so incredibly blessed to be able to call you ours. Words, pictures, and thoughts cannot express our gratitude enough on this day. Just know one thing....
WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!
No comments:
Post a Comment