Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude- Count your Many Blessings

thanksgiving

  
1.
the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment ofbenefits or favors, especially to God.
2.
an expression of thanks, especially to God.
3.
a public celebration in acknowledgment of divine favor orkindness.
4.
a day set apart for giving thanks to God

Okay.... so you can tell I am a teacher, but I really wanted to start off this month of gratitude the right way. I wanted to know exactly what thanksgiving was before I started typing in what I was thankful for. 

The other morning in church we sang one of my mom's all time favorite hymns "Count your Many Blessings." I began to think about how richly God has blessed me in my life, where he has brought me to, and even the struggles that make me even more thankful. God truly works wonders! He is wonderful and faithful!


Day 1
I am thankful for being forced by my hubby to go see a gastroenterologist this past February. For almost 15 years I have struggled with my guts! It sounds disgusting, but true. We finally got sick of my insides growling, tummy hurting, and other issues I won't talk about in a blog. Like I said earlier God works in wondrous ways. During my spring break  I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done. They found an 8mm benign polyp. The doctor was astounded as he really didn't figure there was anything wrong! I now go back every five years, but it was a blessing in disguise to keep my health in check!

Day 2

Thankful for freezer meals. This summer my co-worker had a baby so my other co-worker and I made meals for all three of us. I have done this one other time and have had to cook very little and still have wonderful meals. We have found most of the recipes using pinterest and absolutely love almost every meal I pull out of the freezer. It makes dinner time so great without having to think what I am serving  tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment