Friday, August 10, 2012

Love at First Sight


On July 23rd we scheduled our first doctor's appointment with my OBGYN. It was so hard to wait the 8 and a half weeks to make sure everything was good! Paul decided to take the day off to go with me. Boy was this a treat! The doctor's appointment wasn't until 9:45 so we got to enjoy sleeping in a little bit. We then headed to IHOP for a good start to the day with some good food. I was lucky on this day that my nausea stayed at bay. We enjoyed some scrumptious pancakes and eggs and bacon! During breakfast I became very nervous/excited/anxious. I know so many of my friends have been at this point before. I couldn't believe my time had come to truly find out I was pregnant (even though I had already felt it!). We got to the doctor's office and had to wait a while for them to call me back. As soon as the doctor came in she turned on the sonogram machine and we were in for the experience of our lives. It was AMAZING! Immediately you showed up on that little screen moving all around! The doctor measured you to find out how far along you were. Then, she turned the sound up and guess what…. we got to hear your heart beat! It was beating so fast. Daddy was the first one to see your tiny beating heart. I on the other hand could not take my eyes off the screen. I was in awe that something so small was growing inside of me! We were both so excited to know that you were doing very well! It all became a little more real at that point in time. We enjoyed being together that day to celebrate the new life inside of me. We went and visited Babies R Us for a while, went to pick up some books about pregnancy, and just enjoyed being together. We ended the night watching "Bill Cosby Himself" for the parenting humor!
Here you are at 8.5 Weeks
Taken July 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment