I wrote a blog post earlier in the summer about ALL of my GRAND plans! Interestingly, God has an amazing way of humbling you to your core. It has happened once again!!! Not many of those grand plans came to fruition because God had a much bigger plan for me this summer!
The story starts back in March when I took my last birth control pill. It was such a weird feeling to know that now anything could happen at this point. However, we decided that now was our time to start trying. It was an exciting yet nerve-racking time. You see, with all of my digestive issues the doctor also thought that I might have endometriosis. Therefore, in the back of my mind I had expected to struggle getting pregnant. I prayed daily that whatever God’s will was for our family I would be happy with, no matter what it was.
After a fun week with the hubby being off, I had some signs that I might just be pregnant. After a few restless nights I was convinced it was time to take a pregnancy test. After hosting a baby shower for a girl in our Bible class, Paul said we had waited long enough and he was taking me to the store to get a pregnancy test. Yes, it is a bit strange for the hubby to be the one so proactive in the steps. So, the morning of June 25th I got up early to make sure Paul and I had time to be together before going to work, no matter what the result of the pregnancy test was. So, I did the deed and thought I would have to wait 2-3 minutes to find the result. So Paul encouraged me to come in and sit with him and wait. I told him there was no reason to wait! I found out IMMEDIATELY! There was a dark plus sign on that pregnancy test! No doubt in the world! I walked out of the bathroom with pregnancy test in hand SHAKING! Paul says he has only seen me shake like this twice in our relationship. The first was when he asked me to marry him, second was when I found out we were pregnant. You’ve got to understand that I do not cry at most things like others do…. I shake uncontrollably!
The next few seconds were some of the sweetest moments I will remember. We both had a few tears, felt shock, but also knew that we were blessed with a wonderful GIFT FROM GOD! We had asked God to allow us to have a family if it be his will. We put him in control, and once again he has blessed us abundantly. We sat on the couch together and said a prayer of thanksgiving for this new growing life inside of me. The prayer also included a petition for my health and the baby’s health. We hugged a bit, and then Paul had to be off to work.
I kept the test out most of the day just to go back and look at it to make sure it still read the same thing. This was one of the strangest feelings to be pregnant, be all alone in a quiet house to think, and only one other person knows your secret. We had special plans to tell our parents later, but we kept our surprise to ourselves for over a week! We are going to have a baby and we are going to now be a MOMMY and a DADDY!!
We continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy, healthy baby, and as easy delivery as is possible. We also pray for our abilities in parenthood to raise this baby to be a follower of Christ and one who will stand out and teach God’s word however possible.
We are looking forward to February 25th ( or around there) to meet our little one!!

Eric made me wait all three minutes because he thought something would change at the end of that time period. Funny! I'm glad Paul didn't put you through the same trauma. Congratulations!!! I see that you've been a very pinteresting gal lately, too. :) I would expect nothing less. :)
ReplyDelete