Monday, August 13, 2012

Sharing the Good News

We decided to share the news with our families very early on. After taking the home pregancy test on Monday, we knew we wanted to share the next weekend.  We were scared of miscarriage, but since both parents live in town we figured we were in trouble if I ended up in the hospital and the parents didn't know why! Therefore we planned it out very carefully. I found a precious poem on the internet that read....


I do not have a face to see, 
Or put inside a frame. 
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, 
I don't yet have a name. 
You can't yet hold my tiny hands, 
Nor whisper in my ear. 
It's still too soon to sing a song, 
Or cuddle me so near. 
But all will change come February/March, 
That's when the say I'm due. 
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter, 
I can't wait till I meet you. 
All I ask between now and then, 
Is your patience while I grow. 
I promise I'll be worth the wait, 
Because of all the love we'll know. 
So what I have to give you now, 
is a wish to you from me. 
I cannot wait to be a part 
Of this wonderful family.

I placed this is a frame for them to read, packaged it up, and waited to give it to each of them. There reactions were great! Of course, it takes a little bit to read, digest, and understand. We had one instantly cry, while the others  said "Really?" It was fun to share the news and wait for them to digest what they had just understood. 

It has also been fun sharing the news with our friends, family, and church family. We feel so incredibly blessed by our support system that we have. I was also reminded at church yesterday that it is not  "my baby" it is " our baby." This baby will be hugged, carried around, loved on, and taken care of by a much larger family than just its immediate family. I cannot say what a HUGE blessing this is. I also feel blessed that our child will have so many Christ-like examples around him/her  to help raise this child to become just like Christ and be able to spread the  Word to those around him and become wise and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment