Day 7- Acid Reflux
I know being thankful for acid reflux is somewhat of an irony. Most people would say, what?? However, I am thankful that I can take a TUMS and it will go away. When trying to get pregnant I wondered if I would be able to after the GI doctor told me I might have endometriosis. However, I was very blessed to not struggle to get pregnant! Therefore, acid reflux is just one of the things I will deal with, because it means that baby is growing nice, strong, and healthy.
Day 8- Friends Past
My mind has been thinking about my past and my growing up experience a lot. I was blessed with several great friends who I don't get to talk to as often as I wish and who I would love to reunite with someday to rekindle the friendships that were there. Life happens and you grow apart. However, as I bring a daughter into this world I realize how my friends made me into who I am. To name just a few, Jana was my lifelong neighbor. Even when we didn't get together or talk all that much because of the way life goes, we had an unspoken understanding that we were there for one another no matter what. To this day, we still don't talk that often, but we are there for each other when we need it and try to keep in contact. My guy friends were also very influential in my life. I bring this up because thinking about raising a daughter I think about some of the friends I want for her to make. We are in the wake of a baby boom at church and she is going to be surrounded by little boys. I am continually praying for these little boys to be a protective friend and brother for her and to help her understand her worth and value through as a loyal friend. My guy friends were my protectors, my grounders, and led me to perspective about what boys are interested in as teenagers and helped me understand what I truly needed to look for in a man. These boys, now men will never know the impact they made and the role they played, but I am truly appreciative.
Day 9- New Life
As I mentioned above, there is quite the baby boom going on at church. Within the next year there will be 14 babies born and added to the nursery. In ways this is overwhelming, but it is such a blessing. I was always a little worried that everyone was going to be finished having their children by the time I was ready to have kids because of waiting for a while. I know it sounds crazy. However, when your friends are having babies early and you don't marry until a little later than everyone else and then want to wait a while to enjoy the marriage, it happens! God is so good. He not only has blessed our little one with a couple of friends, but one of the largest Bible class groups in the church's history. Growing up in a small church I always had a small, but close group of church friends to turn to and rely on. I looked to them for more of what I should have been doing, rather than looking for the worldly perspective. They stood beside me, encouraged me, and blessed my life. I pray that our daughter has a very close relationship with each one of these babies as they grow together. Without being said, I am also VERY blessed to have so many wonderful moms and families to be around during this time as we raise our children together. God works in very mysterious ways and his timing is always perfect! He has brought together families from different age groups and classes together to bond us together for a common purpose and help our children become strong Christians to lead in a time that will need leading. I can't wait to see how God uses each of these babies to MOVE MOUNTAINS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment